I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that was company issued to an employee that has been terminated for possible illegal activity. He had a PIN code on the lock screen and we do not know what it is. We do not want to reset it due to possible incriminating evidence on the phone. We have tried utilizing the known google account and was able to lock the phone with google, but not unlock it. Samsung find my phone would not work due to usb debugging not being turned on. Sprint will only reset it for us.

Can anyone help? What are our options?
    10-16-2015 07:38 PM
    Unfortunately there are no other options if the prior employee won't provide the unlock code.
    10-16-2015 08:23 PM
    This is a huge challenge, my recommendation is to keep the phone in a secure place and make sure it stays charged up and doesn't go completely dead. If the company is pursuing legal options they may need to get their legal counsel involved to have a judge compel the employee to give up the code. Some may say its a self incrimination issue (and I am not a lawyer) however I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That said it is company property and given that fact he does not own the device and likely doesn't have the right to refuse it. Caution though, too many failed attempts could result in a factory wipe.

There isn't a company app running in the background to insure compliance and security that IT can get into like a backdoor?
    10-16-2015 08:55 PM