Just got a Samsung Note 5. On my past Note 3, Facebook had an option under sync to "sync photos to existing contacts only" so that my contacts in my phone would show their respectivr facebook profile pictures. Well, that setting/option is no longer in Facebook's app settings and I was wondering if anyone knew of another way to make it possible so that my contact's photos would be their facebook photo?

Thanks everyone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2015 10:47 PM
    Welcome back! What happens if you go to Settings>Accounts-Facebook, and turn on the Contact Sync there?
    10-17-2015 02:30 AM
    Yup I have that checked for "sync to my device" as well as "sync contacts", but still nothing. One thing to note is that I have my "contacts to display" set as just contacts in my phone and not including my facebook list, because I don't want everyone on my facebook in my phone contacts. But I had this exact same setting in my Note 3 and it was working just fine.

10-17-2015 09:37 AM
    The explanation might be in the description for UberSync, which is an app that is meant to sync Facebook contact photos to your Contacts app. It says that "starting with Facebook API v2.0, the friend list returned by Facebook includes ONLY users that authorized this app. That means it will only sync users that also use this app or if they manually authorized this app to read its profile. If you want to sync the pictures of people who did not (and most didn't), the only way is to ask them to authorize it. You can share them this link (https://contact-sync.weednet.ro) or to use the Invite button from the app. No trick and no way around it. Really! They don't need to use the actual Android app, just to grant the authorization to get their picture."
    10-17-2015 11:34 AM
    Interesting!!! That must be new because I didn't have this problem on my Note 3!

I have another Note 5 question but unrelated to this topic, should I begin a new thread or can I just post it here?

Ps: do you work for android or are you just very android savvy?

10-17-2015 04:57 PM
    I suggest creating a new thread, perhaps in the Note5 forum.

I don't work for Google. I'm not even in the tech industry (I'm a doctor). Just really like Android!
    10-17-2015 05:16 PM
    Cool!!! I created a few new threads. Hopefully you can help me out!!

10-19-2015 09:23 AM