Having used 4 different phones (6 including my fathers and wife's) on three's network I have become used to the 3G network never working, I had contacted them in the past, a long time ago, but there was never any problem found and I've always just accepted it as HSDPA has taken priority and the 3G network is only normally connected for a few seconds at max.

Having just got my new phone (An Umi Iron) however it doesn't seem to want to connect to HSDPA or H+ at all which is quite problematic. Going into the mobile settings it's quite a bit different to what I am used to (LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto) etc), instead my options are 4g 3g and 2g. Now at the moment I am stuck in an area I don't normally go, so I'm not sure if my phone is picking up on 3G signal only and no HSDPA or H+ as that's the only one there, but I suspect this is not the case as it is a built up area, I will test this theory out when I get home however.

I really don't want to have to call my network operator as whenever I call them they are completely unable to help me, so really hoping someone here has an answer or at least some advice on how I can atleast get one to 3g type signal to work.... Thanks in advance!
    10-17-2015 05:05 AM
    As well as 4G, The 3 network uses different variants of the 3G signal....those you mention are faster versions of it. Check the signal coverage for your area on a coverage map, then set your network preference setting accordingly. You could just leave it set to 4G....the phone will then connect to the fastest signal available. On the other hand, there may be a small possibility that it will try to connect to a very weak 4G signal if one is present, to the detriment of the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2015 06:41 AM