My Verizon HTC MAX ONE is having issues that I haven't found solutions for... not happy over here.

The power button started to act weird a few weeks ago and the phone would have fits where the home button would trigger screenshots and I needed to press the volume up key to stop the attack.

I tried to factory reset and the phone just rebooted. Nothing erased or changed. Fastboot is disabled.

I let the battery run out and it rebooted when I restored power.

Eventually the power button stopped functioning, except if you wanted to reboot with power/ volume up.

Otherwise, the phone could only be rebooted by selecting factory reset.

I got into setup by holding down the volume on a reboot, but the moment I select recovery mode, the phone reboots right away. No recovery mode.

After looking at a ton of forums, I tried to pour a little alcohol into the power button while pressing it and it started to regain functionality, but...

When you select power-off, the phone reboots. The phone had no ability to power off and stay off, even from a functioning power button.

S-lock is on and the bootloader is locked. The phone is (sadly) is unrooted.

I want to factory reset this baby and find a way to further free the power button because the alcohol only gives me a small reprieve. Any ideas?
    10-18-2015 12:27 AM
    The above question was from me. I forgot to also mention:

I was able to enter safe mode and the same issues happened.
    I also tried taking the SD card out etc.

When I factory reset, I select "erase all data" and the phone never shows any sort of reset menu; it just reboots normally.
    10-18-2015 12:33 AM