No more PC connectivity after loading 5.1.1 on Note 4

A

AC Question

Maybe coincidental, but I cannot connect to my PC with my Note 4 anymore after updating to Android 5.1.1 (AT&T). My PC (Win8) doesn't even see the USB connection at all. Worked fine for months prior to 5.1.1. Been reading posts from everywhere and have tried about everything, but nothing works. Has anyone experienced this??

spb1

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I've reinstalled drivers on my PC, but that does nothing. PC still doesn't see my Note 4. Almost wondering if my droids USB port is bad. It charges, but nothing else and not sure how to isolate the problem. My Galaxy tablet tablet connects with no issues, same cables same PC.
Are there drivers on the phone which could be possibly corrupt and requiring reinstalling??

spb1

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Check this out. Since my phone is issues from my employer, they install a Mobile Application Management app called Airwatch. They say it's for security reasons, but they ultimately manage what you can do to your phone. They don't want you transferring files via USB so they shut it down, but don't tell ya.

afnetman

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? After the update to android 5.1.1 I have not seen my Note 4 listed in Windows Explorer. I am running Windows 10. My partners Note 3 running android 5.0 shows up no problem and the Note 4 did prior to 5.1.1 now there is nothing. The phone will charge via USB but can not manage files on the phone from my computer. I have the Note 4 SM-N910F and developers options are on.

jaykay77ishere

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue on s5 mini sm-g800h.
When I connect to my pc via usb the phone charges, but there is no usb notification in the status bar, nor does windows explorer see my phone at all. I've tried reinstalling the drivers through kies, but no difference.
I'm not sure if this is a result of the update, or possibly one of the two launchers I've installed after the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol