Can an app spy on me

A

AC Question

Something very alarming just happened, I was looking at my phone on Facebook app, not clicking anything spacial. as soon as I exited I start hearing laughter and someone "shushing" someone else, like some is looking at me. I immediately shut the phone down.
Can something be installed on my phone that spies on me? i am not imagining i know what I heard

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Look at app permissions. I was interested in a well known app that locates and tells the strength of local lte towers. In theory I could figure out whether verizon or gsm is stronger in my town.

I look at app permissions and it is EVERYTHING! Contacts, pictures, phone history, data, email I mean please. Why do they have to see my pictures?

ronniegsd

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the response, Thing is, I didn't look at any website that might play a video. It sounded like a bunch of people giggling and hushing each other.
I now put a tape on my front facing camera and will reboot. are there any apps that can be installed remotely on my phone that will do that, so it wont happen again?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The only way to be sure is to do a factory reset then install each app one at a time. Don't auto restore from Google nor Samsung.

BTW my wife has some game on her phone that randomly makes assorted sounds when she isn't playing. Do you play games?