The USB drive is working fine, as the PC does recognize my Touros mini hard drive when plugged into that port. I am trying to see the drive pop up when the Android is plugged into it. Nope.

I would have sworn I have transferred files since installing Windows 10, so I am wondering if this is a Win 10 update problem.

The PC just doesn't seem to see that there is my Android device in the USB port (I do not get a message like "do not recognize device" - the Android simply remains invisible, apparently, to the PC). I am therefore unable to open it and transfer my pictures into my PC.

Used to be, I could just plug the phone into the computer (I do not use wi-fi) and it recognized the phone as a drive.

Oddly, when I go into the USB manager on my PC, it seems to recognize some device drive as being there, because it shows something with the right amount of available memory, which is probably my Android - but manager shows no drive path and therefore it cannot be opened.

I have tried turning the phone off and on several times, tried unplugging it from the machine several times and replugging it, to no avail.

Any thoughts, o Wizards of Geekdom?
    10-18-2015 12:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you plug it in, do you see a USB notification appear in the phone's status bar? If so, swipe down and tap it, and make sure MTP is selected.

Also try using a different USB cable, or a different USB port on the computer.
    10-18-2015 02:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you plug it in, do you see a USB notification appear in the phone's status bar? If so, swipe down and tap it, and make sure MTP is selected.

Also try using a different USB cable, or a different USB port on the computer.
    I have the same issue my phone must be the problem where can I get some help in Okc, ok
    My phone de
    Doesn't even register that it's connected in and computer or anything else that reads USB.nothing showing up in my icon bar at top of phone.
    11-25-2016 09:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! And did you try my previous suggestion of testing different USB cables and ports?
    11-25-2016 12:35 PM