Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 randomly loses wifi connection

A

AC Question

The disconnection would happen when I'm watching youtube or playing hearthstone, both being about 25-30min into it. I thought it was from downloading messenger+ app but not the case as the wifi status becomes "no internet connection" after 25-30min of wifi usage. I've tried Google searching for my problems but I can not find any relevant problem with mine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the router have a QoS setting (Quality of Service)? If so, turn that off.

Also, see what happens if you play that game on a public hotspot, like at your local Starbucks or public library. Does it stop after 30 minutes there as well?

David Ho3

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Just now having time to reply back...

I spent over an hour yesterday at Starbuck with NO wifi drops at all.
**So it seems the QoS for the Motorola 3300 adsl is AKA Differentiated service and upon clicking that, the box labeled "enabled" is left unchecked and Low-High Priority Ratio (1-100) is set to 92

Hope that info was useful :|

Last edited:

Bruce Eric Mann

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem. Started after about 1 month, have to reboot now about once per day to clear problem. When it occurs, turning wifi off works, but cannot turn back on. It actually moves radio button back to off after about 10 secondo. I have updated to most recent patches. Does not happen on two other Samsung devices with same apps installed (S5 phones).

I suspect it is a Linux bug in dealing with caching router address in bridged networks.

msa6514256

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, with anything having to do with the internet. all of a sudden, no internet connection pops up, but the wifi connection to the router is still there. I have to turn wifi off and then back on to regain my internet connection.

My Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is only 6 months old, problem did not surface until the last security patch update in June. Current happens on my Netgear R7000 router, happens a lot less on a new builtin router that I just upgraded to with SAT modem with my Sat provider Exede

WinoutB

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem. Started after about 1 month, have to reboot now about once per day to clear problem. When it occurs, turning wifi off works, but cannot turn back on. It actually moves radio button back to off after about 10 secondo. I have updated to most recent patches. Does not happen on two other Samsung devices with same apps installed (S5 phones).

I suspect it is a Linux bug in dealing with caching router address in bridged networks.

Have you found a sollution yet? My S2 8" (2016) has issues multiple times in a few hours, sometimes works flawless for days. It's really weird that we can't turn the Wifi radio button back on. Have you got any suggestions on what to try?

bumble bee1

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with wifi connection. When i play games like bingo it will now disconnect me while playing the game. I wonder if it has something to do with the S2 even though connected keeps searching for wifi signals. My S2 was working fine for 6 or 8 months but now it is becoming aggravating. Anyone have any other insight?

Barkerg69

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi I have just received a Samsung Galaxy S2 and find that when I play clash of clans or Zynga Poker I lose connection to the router... I have tried both 2ghz and 5ghz with different channels. My net connection was working fine because I was streaming through tv at time... This is happening every time I play these 2 games also Web browsing is really slow?
Speedtest is running at 200mb with 17ms ping? I have only had tab 2 weeks is it worth getting hold of Samsung support

Regards

Tomaten

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought a galaxy s2 table 8.0 at the end of December from B & H Superstore. It has the exact same problem. It may happen three times in an hour, or may not happen over three days of constant use. The wireless network connection stops working with no routers visible under the Wifi settings. When you try to turn on the WiFi, it finds no networks and switches itself back off after a couple of seconds. Bluetooth is not affected, and works fine when this happens. The only way to fix it is to restart the tablet. I have tried everything from updating my router's firmware to resetting the tablet to the factory installation. Nothing has worked. Since this is an intermittent problem, it is very difficult to address.

Aluado

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
This is one way. You must be connected to the network you are having problem with. Then go to settings, wifi, end then press and hold on the network you are connected. Choose manage network settings and then show advanced options. On IP settings choose static, then look for DNS 1 and DNS 2. I use the Google DNS. On DNS 1 write 8.8.8.8 and on the DNS 2 write 8.8.4.4 and save. I had to do this on the 2 networks I was having problems with the connection. Good luck

Tomaten

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Aluado, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I have already tried the static IP configuration with the Google DNS IP addresses. These IP addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) are actually the default values for the DNS when the static IP configuration is selected on my Tab S2 8.0 tablet.