Mobile Network Signal draining battery in 2 hrs, horribly hot phone

A

AC Question

Hi,

My Nexus 5 mobile started behaving weird since past 3 days after Marshmallow (Android 6) update. It was working perfectly fine in Lollilop, so not sure if its a Marshmallow problem or actually accidentally I had dropped it just after the update, so its some internal damage due to the drop.

Problem is that phone is not detecting mobile network signal at all. It is empty triangle at the top bar. Hence, phone continuously trying to look for Network Signal, due to this mobile network drains all the battery in around 2 hrs. Yes, not lasting more than 2 hrs. Also, I tried to remove the SIM from the phone, still it continuously looks for network signal and drains the battery, which I am surprised that without sim why should phone look for mobile network. Also due to this, phone gets HORRIBLY HOT so much that you can toast a bread on it. Yes, I am not lying, it does get that damn hot.

However, surprisingly, if I keep the phone in Airplane mode, then battery doesn't drain and last almost full day on Wifi.

Has anyone seen similar issue? As phone works fine in Airplane mode, so not sure if it's Software problem or Hardware problem of any ic.

I went to local repair guy and he did a quick check by opening the phone and verifying few things, and he says the hardware like network ic looks ok.

Please help. I am unable to use the phone and can only use on Wifi.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It may be worth trying a Factory Reset. Let us know if you need advice about that, and also how to back up as much as you can beforehand.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12