Weird bar/widget? showing up, can't remove

A

AC Question

So, I installed the latest cyanogenmod nightly (going from pac man rom) and after my apps updated automatically from the play store, a weird purple bar appeared across the top of the screen. Screenshot here imgur.com/70Q3eA9. I checked widgets, and it doesn't seem to be a widget, and I did a reverse google image search and couldn't find it. clicking on it just seems to pull up the settings/widgets menu from the bottom and nothing else. I really hate to wipe data and do this all over again when I'm not sure it's not going to happen again. Can anyone tell me what it is, or how to get rid of it?

Apparently I can't post links since I'm a new poster, so I'll try to describe this better. Stock wallpaper, but the horizontal bar across the top is purple. There are five folder-like icons that are white with a colored bar across the top of each: yellow, orange, blue, green and red/pink. There is a tiny icon in the upper right third of each. The first one is a heart, the second is a music note, the third a knife and fork, the fourth a checkmark and the fifth a house.