Can't see Galaxy s6 icon on desktop

A

AC Question

Just bought a new s6. I'm trying to transfer my old ringtones and wallpaper pictures, but not having much luck.

I've downloaded Smart Switch, but that seems very particular about what it can upload from where.

I've downloaded the latest Android File Transfer, but that can't see the S6. I've restarted everything to the same result. In the midst of that, my Mac Air crashed (rare occurrence - the crash report said something about Panic and Smart Switch.

When I plug in the S6 with a media USB cord, the phone sees the Mac, but apparently not vice versa. Should the Android drive appear on my Mac desktop like the old S2 did?

I went into developer mode on the phone and enabled USB debugging. Made no difference. What do I do now?

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! But I'd like to troubleshoot the wired connection first, see if I can make that work.

What I need to find out is if the Galaxy S6 shows up as a drive on my Mac desktop, or if the fact that it doesn't means something is wrong.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's been a while since I connected my phone in my MacBook, but Android File Transfer wasn't working for me either. It just wouldn't register any connection. What version of OS X are you on?

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I somehow missed your response! I'm sorry to have left it hanging there.

I'm running El Capitan, 10.11.1. I've plowed through many sites and pages on the internet, but have been unable to find out whether the drive is supposed to appear on the desktop or not. Since I asked this question I ended up having a problem transferring photos so have started using AirDroid - good fix in the meantime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781