For about a month now, my Galaxy S3 is not charging properly. It charges incredibly slow and dies even faster. It also dies while in use when charging. I've bought 2 new 12volt chargers and a new cord, but they will not work with my phone. The only way it will charge is when I'm using an old USB coed from my old lg net10 phone, one wall charger (that didn't even come with my phone, it's for my vapor) and a really crappy 12volt charger. I've tried switching batteries with my fiance, who also has an S3, but it was the same issue. So I'm thinking it may not be the battery, but I really hope it could be. I know a wireless charging pad may fix the charge issue, but the battery drainage is ridiculous and not for my everyday use of my phone. If it is the port, how do I fix it? Do I need to take it somewhere? Cause I refuse to send my phone off to straight talk to be repaired. If nothing else my only option would be to get a new phone...

Ps: I bought this phone in may and I also contacted Samsung for support and they said they cannot help me cause I have straight talk...
    10-20-2015 06:33 PM
    You bought this phone in May of this year, and it was new? If so which carrier you are on should not matter and Samsung has a 1 year warranty so they need to step up and fix that. Some phones can be very fickle about the charging cable and sometimes you can only use what they gave you, example is my ASUS Zen Fone 2, it gets weird with certain charging cables.

Based on the different charging cables, different batteries from another device and its still having issues it does sound like a charging port issue, could be a short inside the phone.
    10-20-2015 07:53 PM