As though its picking up CB or ham radio? How is this possible? Is it a sign my phone is being tapped?

It has happened twice over the last two days. Once at store where the checker actually was startled by it and said what was that and once in the house just where I heard a single word or two. When it happened in the store it said several words, but not that could be made out as to what was being said.

It's a Droid Turbo, one year old, functioning well otherwise.
    10-21-2015 09:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Very doubtful that your phone is being tapped. Were the words unintelligible because the phone was in a pocket or a bag? Or was it out in the open, and the voic was just garbled? If it had been in a pocket or bag, it'd be ideal to report on it again when you're able to hear it clearly.

One possibility is that you have Emergency Alerts set to speak the alerts. Go to the Emergency Alerts setting and make sure Text to Speech is turned off. Wireless Emergency Alerts - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless. (Let me know if that link doesn't work. Verizon links are often glitchy on this forum.)
    10-21-2015 11:47 AM