Vibration motor makes beeping noise

A

AC Question

Just got my 5X delivered today. Loving the device, but one thing I noticed immediately is that all the haptic feedback (and particularly annoying when typing) is extremely loud. So much so and in a specific tone that it sounds like a low pitched beep. I thought it was the speaker but it doesn't sound like it was coming from there. Disabling vibrate on touch fixed the issue, but I like the haptic feedback. I already spoke with a representative and they will be replacing it. But I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I have a last generation Nexus 5 and the haptic feedback feels much more pronounced. On the 5X it's VERY subtle to the touch on the screen, and I can feel it a lot more through the back of the phone... which is not how it's supposed to feel at all. It's intended to make it feel like there's a reaction to my press, not to vibrate the back of the phone and by proxy - the screen.

I'm just hoping this won't be an issue when I receive the replacement. I prefer the size of the 5X to the 6P and really don't want to have to get the larger model just to fix this issue.

ultraliskw

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same issue. I'm starting to see multiple threads on different sites reporting the same problem. Seeing as it looks like this may be standard for the 5X, rather than a few exceptions, replacing it likely won't fix the problem unfortunately. I think I'm going to return it for a refund.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance