Why can't I install Google Play Services

A

AC Question

I'm running a Bauhn AMiD-9743G tablet with Android 4.1.2.

Yesterday I updates several apps and then I was prompted to update Google Play Services because Google Play Music needs an update to Google Play Services.

So, I did the usual update, it downloaded but then failed with a message - "Unable to install on SD card - error 18"

I tried it again and this time the download failed due to insufficient space. I ran app cache Cleaner and deleted all caches over 1Mb (except my browser) and then it downloaded fine, but didn't install (same error).

I've tried moving it to Internal storage, but there isn't room.

I then tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it - now it won't install. No message, it just downloads 37.8Mb and then reverts to the app page which says "Install".

I went though all the steps on the error, except updating my system and nothing has helped.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Tony

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

So, I did the usual update, it downloaded but then failed with a message - "Unable to install on SD card - error 18"

I tried it again and this time the download failed due to insufficient space. I ran app cache Cleaner and deleted all caches over 1Mb (except my browser) and then it downloaded fine, but didn't install (same error).

I've tried moving it to Internal storage, but there isn't room.

I then tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it - now it won't install. No message, it just downloads 37.8Mb and then reverts to the app page which says "Install".

I went though all the steps on the error, except updating my system and nothing has helped.

Is this all in reference to trying to update Google Play Services, or did that seem to update successfully? What version of Play Services do you have? My Nexus 5 is currently on 8.3.00.

Did Google Play Services come preinstalled on your tablet, or did you have to manually install it in the first place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC