Google Play Services is taking up 22.19GB of my internal storage on my Nexus 6

A

AC Question

I have run out of space on my phone and am having to constantly transfer pictures off my phone, and delete texts as they come to clear up space. My phone has a max storage of 25.98GB and Google Play Services is taking up that much of it to where I can't install any apps. I have 15 downloaded apps (the biggest one being Facebook taking up 341MB) and none are games. Does anyone know how to fix this without having to delete Google Play Services, because I read it may be bad if I delete it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow! That's a lot of data for Play Services. How much of it is included as "cache" in settings - apps - Google Play services? You can safely delete this selecting "clear cache". If you tap on "manage data" you'll get a better idea of who's taking so much storage.

Tell us how it goes.

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I have run out of space on my phone and am having to constantly transfer pictures off my phone, and delete texts as they come to clear up space. My phone has a max storage of 25.98GB and Google Play Services is taking up that much of it to where I can't install any apps. I have 15 downloaded apps (the biggest one being Facebook taking up 341MB) and none are games. Does anyone know how to fix this without having to delete Google Play Services, because I read it may be bad if I delete it?
I would probably start by deleting everything on your google play account. Books, magazines, movies, music, etc. That might be taking up space. Also try getting rid of any unused apps from your play account.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I also would like to know how the play services is taking up that much space. Mine takes 365 mb on a galaxy s6.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

darkwilluser

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help and suggestions. I cleared the data and everything seems to be working just fine for now, at least. I just feared deleting something very important my phone needed to function properly.

Rainbowleaf9987

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been having this problem, and use Clear Data in an attempt to fix it. However, the Google Play Services app keeps growing even after I do that, and ends up taking up the entirety of my open storage. I have to clear all data daily to get rid of it. I also tried disabling it, but for some reason it won't let me, claiming that it's an "active device administrator". Is there a permanent solution to this, or do I just have to put up with the low storage notification and only clear it when I want to download something?

Brahm21

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem but the only difference is that when I click 'clear data', it waits a couple seconds and nothing happens. I've rebooted and done everything from trying to delete the program, which I can't seem to do since it is a system app, to trying to clear the data. Nothing works at all, please help.

katspade

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
Im having the same prob with google play services using all of my storage space. I have deleted all apps except built in apps, cleared cache and even cleared all data several times. When I go to manage it shows normal amounts of app data but when I go back to the app itself it shows tons of stored data. Everytime I clear all data within 3 sec its back. I dont know what to do. I can barely use my phone at all and have to erase everything as it comes in. Can anyone help?

G_Fernandez

Oct 26, 2019
Visit site
Guessing no one figured out how to contain/fix the space hogging Google Play Service app. My app size is 219mb and beefs up to over 300mb and usually keeps going until I delete app data, BUT instantly goes from 219mb back up to 270mb seconds after I clear data. Tried disabling, tried un-synching. For a few days it dropped to like 130mb then went back up. If u have to delete stuff u saved on another app that takes up its own space just bcuz u downloaded from Google makes no sense. That might be the only solution...to delete other stuff bcuz google is a fat boi that wants to use more storage than any other app or saved files on a device. Hopefully there someway to roll it back to an old version or another way to save space. Anything other than clearing data every half hour.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03