I was so exited about the nexus 5x. I just received it in the mail and after 5 min had to turn it off and put it away. The phone feels like going back 5 years in smart phone time. The screen is terrible, the camera sucks, its soooo slow and laggy. Im coming from a droid turbo and I never expected this phone to be such a POS.
    10-22-2015 10:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's unusual. It seems completely at odds with almost every review out there. Perhaps you got a defective unit? Did you already do the system update that's already been released for it?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2015 11:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's unusual. It seems completely at odds with almost every review out there. Perhaps you got a defective unit? Did you already do the system update that's already been released for it?
    I have to agree with B.Diddy here. Maybe the unit is defective or you have to give it sometime for the updates to kick in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-22-2015 11:38 AM
    I was so exited about the nexus 5x. I just received it in the mail and after 5 min had to turn it off and put it away. The phone feels like going back 5 years in smart phone time. The screen is terrible, the camera sucks, its soooo slow and laggy. Im coming from a droid turbo and I never expected this phone to be such a POS.
    How about maybe this phone is not for you? How is a 1080p screen suck? What exactly is soooo slow and laggy with the device as you so eloquently put it? Mostly everything I have read about this phone have been positive. Some like the built others don't. Some like the camera low light, others don't. It is all subjective but when an individual just bash a device with no explanation or through detail of the matter, I have to wonder.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-22-2015 12:06 PM
    The screen looks unbearably fuzzy next to my Droid turbo and wife's s6, whites look like there florescent in color and are painful to look at. I guess I forgot how low resolution a 1080p screen is because the pixels are terribly obvious and are so bad it makes the colors inaccurate. Launching apps and performing tasks take almost double the time of my DT. Be careful of Internet reviews they are very misleading on this one. I don't like aluminum build phones and prefer composites but this phone feels like if you drop it it with break into fragments. The camera takes along time to launch, the shutter is extremely slow making anything moving a blur. Still photos still leave alot to desire and are far behind the DT. My more in depth explanation to prevent you having to wonder.
    10-22-2015 02:09 PM
    Yes updates are done and compared it to a freinds newly received unit. They are both identically unacceptable.
    10-22-2015 02:10 PM
    When scrolling with the screen the refresh is so slow it just turns the screen into a unreadable blur until the scrolling stops. Is this something no one else is getting?
    10-22-2015 02:11 PM
    Sounds like you have a duff specimen.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Almeuit and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-22-2015 03:07 PM
    Be careful of Internet reviews they are very misleading on this one.
    Thanks for your further details, but I just don't believe that the many positive reviews out there (aside from complaints about the less-than-stellar battery) are meant to mislead anyone. Perhaps there was a bad batch that was sent out? Contact Google and ask for a replacement. Andrew Martonik had a problem with his (the weird Demigod system menu), and they sent another one out pretty quickly.
    Laura Knotek and Almeuit like this.
    10-22-2015 05:45 PM
    I would have to say you have a dud. A smartphone shouldn't blur / freeze just from scrolling. This is a sign of a huge defect since phones from long ago didn't even have this type of issue. I would suggest getting a replacement.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-22-2015 05:50 PM
    Just opened mine. So far, everything seems fine. Actually better than my G4.
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    10-22-2015 10:11 PM
    Just opened mine. So far, everything seems fine. Actually better than my G4.
    Ooh, I hate you. Have fun with the new toy!
    Laura Knotek and Golfdriver97 like this.
    10-22-2015 10:59 PM
    After messing around with my device for the better part of 4 hours now, I can say this: I have no unusual lag in opening apps. Most take about a second. The screen is off white, with a very, very slight red tint to it to make it closer to a cream or eggshell. After the S2 and S3 that both had a blue tint (much more noticeable than this) and a Moto X with a definite yellow tint, this screen is very subtle. I see no pixelation anywhere, short of breaking out a magnifying glass. I have no lag opening (it's roughly the same as the G4), no delays in taking the snapshot. The camera quality seems fine. I will post a picture of this very screen later. I don't think this phone is going anywhere near 5 years back in time. That would put it before the S2, which I would not go back to unless Samsung paid me to (and it wouldn't be a small figure, either).

I can't tell a difference between the G4 and the 5X screens for resolution. Playing videos on both are equal. Aside from the off white in the screen, I just don't have any of the same issues. I am quite happy to be back on a Nexus.

Edit: photo added.
    Am I being punked? Nexus 5x-img_20151023_092556.jpg

For those wondering....the other phone with the front facing camera is to prove I took the snapshot with the 5X.
    B. Diddy and belodion like this.
    10-23-2015 09:39 AM