Google Now and Google search bar

A

AC Question

Hi folks!

Recently I found about Google Now, but not by me... because my phone is freaking me and my old classic Search bar of the main screen has become unto a message bar telling me to "Receive Now cards" and if I click on in it insist on configure and enable Google Now.

If I enable it, it will stop asking me to enable it but I don't want to have Google Now enabled. It pissed me off because always I wanna find something I have to click on the message, cancel this annoying message and the I go to the search tool. Even tried enabling and disabling for if it stop but nothing. Any ideas how the hell can I remove it and recover my old fashioned search bar? I just would like to have the search box and the microphone icon, if posible without havin to install nothing more.

Thanks in advance!

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Without knowing what device and launcher you're running it's hard to say. I like Google Now myself and all I've ever had to update was the Google Search function. To avoid that I assume you'd lose the prompt if you switched launchers to say Nova or something similar and you'd then be able to import your settings from your existing launcher.

It's still downloading something but maybe it'll give you the functionality you're looking for.

Gerty Ytreg

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
My fault, My phone is the One Plus One.

I think I could do something but I'm not an expert on cell phones. Just wanted to restore the classic search bar. I don't know why the hell Google have to be that invasive.

Just this: 61vcQ.png (is not from my pone, just to get clear what bar I want back)

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd use a custom launcher to solve the problem myself like Nova or Apex. Nova has a handful of options to mess with the search bar.

Nova is free for most features including this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non