I had gotten a S4 as a present in August. I had a S4 mini before that and I was given an S4 not much of an step up but the person never knew I owned a phone. But to continue my phone just stopped taking my sim card. Naturally I thought it was the sim card tray so I ordered one up and replaced it last night. And its still not working. Then I remembered I had some sims with Fido and Chatr. I am with Wind at the moment and Chatr is the original provider I believe as it was the sim in it when I received it. And out of all three it was Chatr who worked. I would like to note when ever I do an factory reset it always downloads Telus apps but lets me delete them which is why I thought it was unlocked, which makes me unsure about who is the original provider. I don't get why it would take my sim for a month and some and just stop. Thanks in advance.

Edit: To save some time i'll list what I have done to try to fix this

• Factory Wiped
    • Changed sim tray
    • A method I realize was for Android 4.4 and could not continue with
    • Cleared cache
    • Cleaned sims
    • Checked all the connections on phone
    • I broke the screen and replaced that too

I spent so much on it there's no point to not fix it now because of the screen
    10-24-2015 08:45 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried contacting the original carrier and asking if they can unlock the phone? That will probably be your best option.
    10-24-2015 09:39 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried contacting the original carrier and asking if they can unlock the phone? That will probably be your best option.
    I just called and it's a present I have no information on the Chatr sim
    10-24-2015 10:09 AM
    Not really sure what else to suggest. I have never had to do anything like this before.
    10-24-2015 10:18 AM
    Not really sure what else to suggest. I have never had to do anything like this before.
    Should I try a new wind sim? I think its unlocked already so I don't know if I should try and get it unlocked. The day it stopped working it was in my hand and I got the sim error and it just never read it again
    10-24-2015 10:21 AM
    Should I try a new wind sim?
    It wouldn't hurt to try.
    10-24-2015 10:22 AM
    It wouldn't hurt to try.
    Damn that's $25
    10-24-2015 10:30 AM