I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, using the Swype keyboard (love this!). But since I started using Google Keep, somehow an upper case "I" ends up on the ends of many, but not all, words. I swear I don't swipe anywhere near that "I."

I have no idea what's going on. Does anyone else have this issue, or more to the point, has anyone else figured out how to get rid of it?
    10-24-2015 10:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you look at those Keep notes on your computer, is the same extra text there as well?
    10-24-2015 10:15 PM
    Well, the only way I manage to look at Keep notes on my computer is by copying to Google Docs, and so yes, the "I" shows up on those notes I copy from my phone to the computer.
    10-24-2015 10:44 PM
    On your computer browser, go to drive.google.com/keep. That's how you can see your synced Keep notes on your browser.
    10-25-2015 12:13 AM
    You know, I went there, and I still couldn't see my notes. I guess I'm not synced, although I thought I had, when asked on my Android, agreed to sync.

I really am a dunce with this. But I hate that pesky "I" that keeps showing up at the end of my Swiped entries on Keep.
    10-25-2015 01:09 PM
    On your phone, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account], and make sure Keep is checked on.

What you're describing is quite odd. I almost wonder if the "I" you're seeing might actually be the remnant of the cursor (which would be a glitch), rather than the true letter I. That's why I wanted to see how it looks in Keep on your computer browser.
    10-25-2015 03:27 PM
    Aha! I've now synced. On my computer, the Keep notes do NOT show that oddball "I." Brilliant, B. Diddy! But now what do I do? If it's a cursor glitch, is it fixable?

By the way, my phone, for all Google settings, says Sync off, and I can't figure out how to turn it on automatically. It will let me sync manually (which is how I got my Notes onto my computer), but do you suppose I can only sync manually?

By the way, thanks for all your help thus far.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-25-2015 07:53 PM
    The easiest way would be to use the Sync toggle in the Quick Settings swipedown menu (swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen). You can also find the toggle in Settings>Data Usage, then tap the Menu button, and check the Auto Sync Data checkbox.

I'm puzzled by why your Keep notes have that "I" or cursor remnant. It sounds like some kind of glitch. After you've made sure your Keep notes on the phone have synced with Keep in the cloud (check Keep on your computer browser to make sure), go to the App Manager, select Keep, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and wait for the notes to sync back. Do you still see that anomaly?

Also, can you show us a screenshot of those notes? http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    10-25-2015 09:44 PM
    Hey, B. Diddy; an update. I'm not sure what changed, but that pesky "I" seems to have disappeared. I did not follow the above instructions, but I have Force-Stopped before. (By the way, is there any harm in Force-Stopping? It's the easiest way I can find to close the Music app on my Android, so I've been using it for others, too.)

Thanks for your help; I really appreciate it. If it weren't for this forum, I'm not sure how I'd find assistance.
    11-01-2015 07:34 PM