How to bypass China's block on downloading google play app's?

A

AC Question

I'm using an unlocked Android Motorola phone that I bought in Korea. Now I'm in China, and I can't use any of the apps. I restored the phone so it's back to it's original settings and I'm using a "China Mobile" SIM card. I'm trying to download a VPN so I can open my google account and access the apps from "Android Market" but I can't even download the VPN. Everything is blocked. I've tried to download and transfer the apps from my PC but the apps never properly transfer.

Is there anyway to get past this or is it just impossible to use this phone in China?

sali27

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I think you need to find out the VPN that work in China .. search out on Google or any Chinese forum to get help from there.. Might be you have to pay for VPN service in this regards..

Master BMan

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Wow I'm surprised at how little thought went into those other answers. "Get a VPN?" Really?

I too am in China and I'm fed up with Google's inability to fix this issue.

Baidu and Tencent both supply Apps to Chinese but you'll get viruses and ads galore.

1mobilemarket is great but that's been blocked recently. Now my Note 3 is demanding I login to my device and Chrome stopped working. Seems Android is happy with working well for most users. The 100,000 expat users in China they could care less about.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow I'm surprised at how little thought went into those other answers. "Get a VPN?" Really?

I too am in China and I'm fed up with Google's inability to fix this issue.

Baidu and Tencent both supply Apps to Chinese but you'll get viruses and ads galore.

1mobilemarket is great but that's been blocked recently. Now my Note 3 is demanding I login to my device and Chrome stopped working. Seems Android is happy with working well for most users. The 100,000 expat users in China they could care less about.

Whoa, slow your roll there Master B! I get your frustrated but that is no reason to take it out of the others trying to help here! Yes best bet would be for Google and China to work something out but short of that the next best thing would be a VPN solution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This isn't really an issue with Google--it's with the Chinese government, which as you know is still pretty restrictive regarding what it allows its citizens to access on the web. If you're asking for help on how to hack past government-controlled blocks, this probably isn't the right place to look.

And if Google worked out some sort of deal with China to allow more access, you can bet that there would be a lot of suspicion that Google was "caving" to the Chinese government, and possibly giving up sensitive user data to them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For web use, Orbot: Proxy with Tor should work. China would have to block the entire rest of the world to make Onion stop working. (and there's no company you have to pay for access - it just uses any other Tor browser it can find as a proxy - a different one for each packet - so good luck Chinese government.