I have a classroom set of Acer a200 tablets. Anyway, we use the Google Docs app for creating and sharing documents.

This year, when we tried to use app for the first time, 2 tablets said "this app isn't compatible with your device" .

All 32 devices have the same Google account, so I tried doing a factory reset on the 2 problematic tablets and restoring from the app store - hoping my backup would have the version of Docs that we need. But, the same problem still arises..the app isn't compatible on those 2 devices.

They're all running the same version of Android (4.0.3 - old, I know) so it's not a device update issue. So, I guess maybe the app updated to a version that's just to "modern" for my tablets???. I talked to Google, and they said that there are no archived versions of the app.

So, what can I do? I thought someone on this forum might know of a way for me to get this thing working on those 2 tablets so they're still useful to us in my classroom.
    10-25-2015 06:35 PM
    Try here : http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

He mirrors android apps and maybe one of the older ones will work. Just download the apk file and install it. You might have to adjust the security settings to allow you to install it.

Worth a shot
    10-25-2015 07:49 PM