Can someone please help me??? How do I change boot animation?

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
OK well I have posted several times now for almost a year about the same thing. Can someone please help me with my boot animation? Now some posts people have responded with a question and never to come back again. Well awhile back I made all attempts to change the boot animation on my Kyocera hydro icon kit kat. I have tried the apps they didn't work. Then I tried to do it manually with root explorer and it didn't work. In fact now all I have is the word "android" flashing when I boot up. I have moved the .zip to data/local and nothing worked I changed the permissions that didn't work. have followed every detail that I have read and videos I have pulled up. Literally nothing works. Its been a year now with no luck of finding help on these forums. Can someone please help me???? If this post fails I'm giving up on android central altogether. Every time I ask for help on here I'm just ignored.

regs

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry that you are having issues changing your boot animation and that you have not found an answer yet.

Perhaps, that is just not something that many members have done. I have a rooted Nexus 7 tablet, but I haven't had any desire to change its boot animation. I can't offer any advice, since it's something I've never done myself. I suspect that I'm not alone here.

I hope you will be able to get it sorted. I don't think people are ignoring you. I think that the majority just don't have any experience with this topic, so they are unable to offer advice.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same position as Laura; I have had no desire to change the boot animation on any of my devices, even my Nexi (Nexuses, Nexus...whatever the plural is..lol).

Changing only the boot animation isn't a common question asked on AC. So, for me, when I saw your question, I actually had no idea what to suggest, on top of it being a device that isn't very common.

I did find something that might help, but first:
If you have a custom recovery installed I would highly suggest making a nandroid backup.

Here is what I found: [Tutorial] How To Change The Bootscreen On Your Android Phone And Make Waiting For It To Turn On Suck Less

I honestly have no idea how well this will work as the article is almost 5 years old.