i just bought a used lg volt 2 that has been factory reset. when i go to activate it and do all the steps i come to where i need the previous owner's google account information. i don't know what to do i don't know it is there a way to change it? im not very tech savvy did i just buy a shiny paper weight?
    10-26-2015 09:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I thought that was only a Samsung feature, but perhaps it's a Google feature now. It's an antitheft measure, to prevent unauthorized factory resets. Are you able to contact the previous owner?

EDIT: Here's the Google support page: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6172890?hl=en
    10-26-2015 02:59 PM
    Yeah, you are running into one of the new security features. The previous owner will have to log into the phone once, remove his account, THEN reset again for you to have a usable phone once more.

Otherwise you are going to have a bit of a hard go at it... There have been a lot of security changes recently to help protect people's data... and something like this is more a preventative measure as well... Thieves aren't going to steal phones that no one will buy or use.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-26-2015 03:09 PM
    i am going through the same exact issue and i cant get ahold of the previous owner...so please please im willing to do all the hard work i need to i just cant figure out what exactly i need to do...maybe download some lg software stuff and try to do something like a flash or something idk i am not very tech savy either but im not incapabable of following directions so please if any one could help me out with some knowledge i would gladly appreciate it
    11-27-2015 01:38 AM