Galaxy s4 M919 won't sleep after changing samsungboot.qmg

A

AC Question

Hi guys, My S4 wont go to sleep ever since i replaced the samsungboot files to stop seeing the T-Mobile Splash screen. Since, the power button doesn't work, unless you hold it down and get the poweroff/restart options. so i cant turn off the screen, As for the 'back' and 'menu' buttons, they dont light up, but they work. I changed the light settings for them, as soon as i change between 6 and 1.5seconds to keep lights on, they turn on, then never again when time is up.....'always on' keeps them on but not a reasonable option lol.

I've already checked all the basics, like timeout, developer settings 'stay on', wakelock apps, etc. I've even saved the original files and replaced the new ones with them when i encountered the problem, but still no luck. I downloaded a fresh version of them, and STILL nothing! i even entered the *#0 screen to test hardware, dimming works, sleep doesnt. I've cleared cache, restarted, done a factory restore.....nothing!! any options other than flashing original rom?

Please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia