ok I have seen this question posted before, but did not know how to post a new reply in threads. Anyway, I just upgraded literally today from an lg g2 to a note 5. my first Samsung phone as well. now to give you some history and background this is my 4th smart phone. idle drain is not too severe. But comparing it to my 2 year old lg g2. which had a superb battery when it came to just holding the charge while idle.

the lg g2 and the g3 both have the same battery size as the note 5 ( 3000 mah)
    anyway, to get the point the lg g2 was able to maintain 100% while being idle for even 3 hours which i took as a great sign, meaning the phone was on. idle. 3 hours later still no drain. I know this is normal on some phones to some degree, my droid razr before the g2 had that. But is there anyway around this with a new hgih end phone like the note 5? can it sustain 100% no drain while idle for even 3 hours? if the g2 can do it. why not the note? any feedback would be appreicated thanks
    10-27-2015 05:51 AM
    A phone reporting 100% during a long period of use, before dropping to 99%, is simply set up differently from one which drops to an indicated 99% after a shorter period of use.

Posted via the Android Central App
    A phone reporting 100% during a long period of use, before dropping to 99%, is simply set up differently from one which drops to an indicated 99% after a shorter period of use.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Bklyndude likes this.
    10-27-2015 06:25 AM
    Hi thanks for your reply. I am the original poster. Anyway it was just an observation. coming off a 2 year old phone. which pleasantly surprised me when i first got it wit the performance and how when idle and using it on how slow it would drain slow. especially when idle which i feel is usually an indicator how it will preform when active. don't you think ?
    10-27-2015 06:44 AM