Hi all,i have a Samsung galaxy tab 3,and have a what i believe to be some kind of virus,as i have started it in safe mode and problem still persists,i have done factory resets but nothing is removing it,so assuming this bug has rooted itself to my operating system i have gone into factory reset to un-check the back up my data and un-checked automatic restore functions,and yet every time i reset the system it still pops up on my screen,and telling me that secret lock has stopped working which is annoying because i have to press ok every time i want to set up my tablet,and even went into app manager to stop the apps from running but cannot disconnect them ,are there any shops similar to pc world or the likes to get my tablet re-programmed,as i do not know what else to do,i blame myself entirely for downloading an apk file which i thought was legit,and now have a major issue in trying to remove the virus/malware,as i think it has taken complete control of my tablet,!! Help,? is there any software that can be used via pc to root out this bug on my android,thanks for any help given.
    10-27-2015 08:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us what the malware seems to be called? Engriks, MonkeyTest, Measure? These have been cropping up lately.
    10-27-2015 07:41 PM
    Hi,i do not know the name of this virus/malware,all i get when i have done a factory reset is get a secret lock has stopped working followed by sexslave has stopped working,and in order to try and get into my samsung galaxy tab 3 SM-T310 i have to press ok constantly in order to press a set-up feature i also have something called pinkygirls on my device when i eventually get into application manger and then try to force the app to stop,but doesn't have any affect at all,and so it just constantly plagues my system,it all started when i went to download an apk file,which wasn't what i thought it was,i cannot remember the name of the download hence this problem now,so is my device bricked or is there a type of software that i can use on my pc to connect to my tablet in order to re-install the operating system in any way,i have seen an application called odin,could this be used to completely wipe my device and re -install the android o/s,any help would be greatly recieved,and thank you for your time.

Kind regards. Dave.
    10-28-2015 03:48 AM
    Ouch. Since it seems like true malware (as opposed to annoying adware), I wouldn't risk connecting to the computer, in case it might possibly transmit the infection.

See if you can do a hardware button factory reset from the Recovery Menu: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9945. Use the steps under "Master Reset with Hardware Keys."
    10-28-2015 11:17 AM