Micromax AQ4501 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow - Internal memory storage related issues

A

AC Question

Dear team,

I have a smartphone with android OS (Namely Micromax AQ4501 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow). Officially device description states that it has an internal memory capacity of 4 GB, that is 4096 MBs. Internal memory storage information summary in settings states that cached data is occupying 10.67 MBs, Apps are occupying 1.19 GB (that is 1219 MBs), free space is shown as 0.21 GB (that is 215 MBs). At the time of downloading Marshmallow OS on my phone it showed a total size of OS as 447 MBs. This means that out of total 4 GB internal storage memory capacity, 1892 MBs can be seen as accounted for. However remaining 2204 MBs are occupied by something that is not traceable in system or anywhere, so as to know what can be done to free this much of precious memory space.

I do not have any apps on my system other than google's own apps those normally come along Marshmallow itself. Also none of them are transferable to SD card memory as well. I am unable to use many other non-google android apps which I used to earlier. Also there are several memory capacity blackouts owing to which my phone is getting hung up. I took this phone to official service stations of manufacturers. However, they suggested for a complete formatting of device. Then I took a back up of contacts immediately and handed my phone over to them for formatting. However, after phone was formatted, within a week's time same problem arised as described above. I have no idea what to do with this challenge now.

Can anyone give me a solution on this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where does it say the system only occupies 447 MB? Are you sure that wasn't just the download size? The OS typically takes up about 3 GB, so if there isn't any other bloatware, a 4 GB device will only have around 1 GB or less available to the user. If there is bloatware that you can't remove, that free space will be even less.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO