Google Photos on Laptop Doesn't Show Sync'd Pix Since Oct. 03

A

AC Question

Using the Google Photos App on my Motorola TURBO Droid lets me view all my backed up images, right up to the last few minutes of images. Now, with the change-over from Google+ Photos to Google Photos, when I log into Google+ WITH MY LAPTOP (Chrome browser) and go to Photos all I get is images that stop at October 3, 2015. If I pick up my Turbo DROID phone and go to photos, they all show - right up to this minute. ANYONE KNOW WHERE MY PICS HAVE GONE? aND HOW TO MAKE THEM ALL SHOW WHEN VIEWING ON THE LAPTOP?

Thanx, Danny J

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have your Google Photos set to back up? Open the Photos app, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Backup & Sync. Make sure it's turned on, then tap Back Up All. Go back to the Photos menu and tap Device Folders. Make sure the folders you want backed up have a blue cloud icon with an up arrow in it.

DannyJ3344

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
The problem is in my laptop. The backups are there. I can view them in the Google Photos App on my phone. I CAN'T view them in the laptop Google Photos. I can't download them to my laptop because they don't show. But they show in the app on my phone! But now my phone is broken seriously and I need the pics badly, so I have to find a way to make pics I KNOW for sure are backed up to be visible from the laptop. I know I've repeated myself a bit, but I'm SURE the pics are backed up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, let's clarify something so that we're on the same page. Are you saying you backed up photos from your phone to the computer's hard drive, and you can't see those backed up photos in Google Photos on the web dated after 10/3/15? Google Photos on the web won't display photos physically saved on your computer unless those photos were uploaded to the Google Photos site (either from the phone, or from the computer using the Google Photos uploader. You can also use the Picasa program on your PC to upload photos. Apologies if I'm still not quite understanding.

DannyJ3344

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I'll try to clarify a bit better:
1. Took photos with my DROID Turbo smartphone.
2. These pictures are ALWAYS auto synced/backed up to Google Photos within seconds over 4G connection.
3.Using my DROID Turbo, I've (on multiple occasions) reviewed my synced photos with the Google Photos app.
4.Using my laptop logged in to my Google+ account, Google Photos only shows synced photos to October 03.
5. NONE of my photos (hundreds) taken since October 03 show up when viewed on the laptop, but they DO show when viewed from my DROID Turbo!

Hope that makes my mismash a bit clearer.

Thanx again from Danny J

DannyJ3344

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if my last reply went thru...
1. I take pictures with my DROID Turbo, which I have repeatedly verified is backing up the pics to Google Photos within seconds.
2. If I use the Google Photos App in my DROID Turbo, I am able to view all my sync'd pics right up to the minute.
3. If I use my laptop and the Chrome Browser App for Google Photos I see only photos to October 3, 2015
4. My DROID Turbo is now seriously damaged and I cannot download the photos from its memory. I need to access my "cloud" photos from the laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc