Why my emails don't stay on my android smartphone?

A

AC Question

Hi there;

Until last week, I was an iPhone user, now I switched to Android and have found a major flaw in the mailbox: it does not keep the email on the phone memory, every time it downloads email, they get wiped off the phone once my desk top downloads them because the mails are getting erased from the server once downloaded...
I never had that issue with my iPhone, the mails, once downloaded on the device were staying there for ever.
It's like Android just looks on what is on the server but does not actually download the mail, how do I do to have the downloaded mail to stay on the phone? Tried everything, IMAP, POP3, several mail apps, nothing works
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What email provider are you using? If you're using an IMAP server, it's just showing you what's in your inbox and other folders on the server, not downloading the emails physically. POP3 will download the email, and the server settings usually gives you an option to delete the email on the server or not.

barb0812

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem as well with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5--emails associated only with a private domain are being deleted as soon as I check them. I also have 'never' delete any emails selected in my incoming settings. I was having no issues until the most recent update this past week (Nov 9th 2015). I have changed my acct from a POP3 to IMAP so at least emails won't be deleted off the server but this is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I have already spoken to my email provider and they have recommended I go into my local Sprint store so I can find out what happened with that last update unless someone in this forum knows what may have happened. Again, NO problems until last Samsung update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084