I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, when I first bought in 2014 it worked well, no problems, Then Android was updated then the world fell apart. Android has updated again to 5.0, some small improvements but still a disaster. Google Maps has been updated a few times as well.

When I select driving navigation, the first direction shown will remain on the screen for the whole trip even if I drive hundreds of miles.

Voice directions works sometimes but most times not. it is enabled.

the location icon jumps all over the place....even when not moving. I cannot drive and follow where I am suppose to go with this,

Navigation gives wrong routes frequently now.

Google maps with navigation has turned into a useless application just taking space on my phone now.

I uninstalled all updates back to factory reset, the application crashes now when I select navigation. I will try adding he updates again to see if this resolves anything.

I would not recommend the application to anyone anymore!!!
    10-28-2015 05:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That doesn't sound like a common issue, so there might be something specific to your phone or setup that's causing it. Go to the App Manager, select Google Maps, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and see if that makes a difference.
    10-28-2015 12:47 PM