Android tablet blocked from joining network

A

AC Question

I have a Lenovo Tab2 A8 running Android version 5.1. On a recent trip to Europe I had a strange situation. The tablet always finds the wifi network and usually I can connect. But sometimes (usually at hotels), when I entered the log in and password, the tablet was blocked from joining the network. I have a Motorola cell phone running Android 5.0.2 and was able to log into the network without a problem. I'm guessing that it is a security issue with the tablet. Is there a setting I can change? Is this a problem with Android 5.1? I don't know what to do and Lenovo help/customer service is worthless. Any ideas? Thanks

Matthew Cohn

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Can't remember the exact wording of the message, but something like "access denied". Also an icon comes up with a hand in a circle with a line through it...sorta like the stop sign, don't go there. It happened to me 3 or 4 times, mostly at hotels, but once at Starbucks in Bilbao Spain. Odd thing is that it will connect to the router, but not let me go to the internet. I did try rebooting, forgeting the wifi connection and then adding it again. No dice.

Matthew Cohn

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I'm new to this forum, so is there any other place I need to go to try and get an answer to this or should I just sit tight and hope that someone has an idea? I travel a lot and don't feel comfortable anymore relying on a device that mysteriously decides not to connect. Lenovo "customer service" is telling me that they want $20 for "premium support" to even talk to me about this. Their claim is that since I can connect via wifi, it is "obviously" not a hardware problem, so not their problem. Fine, but what's a guy supposed to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you'll get much more response if you post another thread, and we prefer members not create duplicate threads of the same question--that creates a bunch of parallel discussions where some members may not realize what others are responding in the other thread. You could always "bump" this thread by posting another reply, so that it goes to the top of the recent posts list, but we ask that members not bump more than once a day.

If what you're experiencing is what I've seen, I don't think it's related to the device. I think it has more to do with the particular wi-fi networks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star