My screen goes black with green/white lines across the screen horizontally.

A

AC Question

When I wake up my Samsung Galaxy s5 with the home button green/white lines flash across the screen and it stays black. The touchscreen works, I can hear swipes etc. And can answer calls by swiping in the correct area. I took the battery out to turn the phone off then replaced it and powered back up. The phone came on and worked as normal but when the phone went to sleep mode the same thing happened. If I keep it on the charger the screen stays lit and the phone works fine but when I take it off the charger and let it go to sleep the same thing happens. I tried leaving the battery out for 20 minutes and holding the power button to drain the phone completely, no luck. I have not had any other problems. This began after a night on the charger. Any ideas what the problem and fix might be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance