Gs5 screen sleep cuts data calls

A

AC Question

My new factory unlocked gs5 automatically puts screen to sleep (black) during calls when held to ear and lights up again when looking at screen. HOWEVER, problem is that when im using a data-calling app like Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger, the call gets cut when screen sleeps, n resumes when lights up again....so im basically forced to have my data calls on speakerphone. Any way to get around this so i can hold phone to ear while using apps and not lose calls??? For now ive just been using speaker n stretching the screen sleep to 10 min...but it doesnt fix the phone to face part....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are those apps using wi-fi or mobile data? If they're using wi-fi, go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, ​and make sure "Keep wi-fi on during sleep" is set to Always.

Bzrbuzzy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
At the time it was while using data, though yes you can use the abovementioned apps w wifi also. I have an unfounded suspicion that this is a gs5 problem where maybe its call setup simply isnt comparible w the abovementioned apps. That or an app isdue bc the app doesnt override the calling setup...idk im not a tech person but at risk of yall abandoning me in my misery i must say...android loses for me. I really wanted to like this phone but im constantly researching difficulties on sites like this!!! Ive had the phone 1 month n i already know the next one will be me returning to iphone. Tried givin competition a chance n it was a Mistake. Help me! Plz!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any power-saving modes turned on, or any 3rd party power-saving apps installed?

Try also wiping the cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

I would mention here that Samsung is not synonymous with Android. Try not to base your opinion of Android on your experience with one phone or with one manufacturer. Maybe it's a defective phone. Or maybe some 3rd party app is interfering, or perhaps the app you're using is interacting adversely with some of the various preinstalled bloatware from Samsung or your carrier. I personally prefer Nexus devices, to avoid as much of that excess stuff as possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech