Since the unlock feature will not work, I can't use the phone at all. Brought it to two different Verizon stores and they were unable to help. A day prior, the screen display contrast went from sharp detail to a "washed out color" similar to a faded photograph but all functions of the phone worked - calls, texts, photos etc.
    11-01-2015 07:53 AM
    Since the unlock feature will not work, I can't use the phone at all. Brought it to two different Verizon stores and they were unable to help. A day prior, the screen display contrast went from sharp detail to a "washed out color" similar to a faded photograph but all functions of the phone worked - calls, texts, photos etc.
    Welcome to the forums!

Can you not pull down from the top and bring up the bar to turn it off? When my Note 5 is locked I can do that, then swipe the bar to airplane mode to turn it off.

If you can't do that, you might have to do a reset.

You can power it off and boot into recovery and then try a cache wipe and see if that will let you swipe to unlock. You won't lose anything with a cache wipe.

I can swipe down while the phone is locked and get this much that I can use without unlock from the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails I placed my S5 into airplane mode prior to a flight.  The swipe to unlock feature no longer works.-1446394929375.jpg  
    11-01-2015 10:22 AM