Hello.

I bought a HTC One M9 quite recently and it's been working fine for a few months. The other day my phone suddenlty started to bring up the "car" home screen at random. I read a few threads that said the USB port may have dust build up in it, so I cleaned it out and it is now completely clean of debris, but the problem still persisted. I decided to factory reset it last night and the car/dock mode screen seems to have stopped coming up so far, but now after a few hours of being on the screen will all of a sudden decide to rotate in all directions. It doesn't do it on its own, but it has the ability to rotate portrait, landscape AND upside down for some reason, which I know shouldn't happen as it's never been able to go upside down. Restarting seems to fix this temporarily but it keeps happening.

I'm not using any apps that should cause this to happen so I'm a little worried that there may be some sort of hardware damage.

Just wondering if anybody has experienced this and whether or not it's worth returning for a replacement. Even though it's not massively irritating when the dock screen doesn't come up, I know that it shouldn't be happening at all.

Thanks.
    11-01-2015 08:47 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I haven't had this issue myself. Have you tried a different launcher, like Nova?
    11-01-2015 08:53 AM