Phone: Samsung S6

Picture attachments all of a sudden are no longer opening on my phone's standard 'Email' app which is synced to my Hotmail account. I didn't change a single setting and all of a sudden it gives me the black screen for picture attachments when trying to open them (using Gallery).

I removed and added back the email account multiple times, I've 'stopped' and cleared the cache of the Gallery app, I've restarted the phone...but nothing is fixing this issue. The pics open up fine when I login to Hotmail from my desktop.
    11-01-2015 10:41 AM
    Hy there......same thing is happening to me. It started yesterday. If you find the solution please let me know? I will do the same. Thanks!
    11-02-2015 05:27 PM
    I'll keep you posted. At this point I'm suspecting something about Outlook/Hotmail making a system change that isn't playing nice with Samsung's email app. All other 3rd party email apps are able to open the picture attachments.

The changes that Microsoft made to Outlook recently are horrible.

Anyone else have any info on this issue?
    KKleski likes this.
    11-03-2015 08:16 AM
    I have two Hotmail accounts on my S6...One works fine the other does not allow to preview or download. It appears that this account is not recognizing the file. I get the black/grey icon with the mountaintop depiction and an exclamation point in the lower right corner....It does not matter if I use "gallery" or "photo".....If I forward these same emails to the other account on my phone they show up no problem.
    11-03-2015 08:35 AM
    Very frustrating!!!
    11-03-2015 09:08 AM
    When you get some time can you compare the account settings for the two accounts from a desktop? Maybe there is a hidden setting in Hotmail/Outlook that is causing the issue on the phone's end of things.
    11-03-2015 09:56 AM
    everything looks normal. Go into App Manager and tell me if you have TWO of the same email icons?
    11-03-2015 11:29 AM
    everything looks normal. Go into App Manager and tell me if you have TWO of the same email icons?
    I do have 2 of the 'Email' icons showing, one has 216KB and the other has 0.00B next to it.

I also have one of each of the following showing: Email Composer, Email Storage, and Email sync.

Does having 2 of them mean anything?
    11-03-2015 02:00 PM