Removing battery to speed up phone!

Meogeo51

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a LG3S and I have to remove and replace the battery to speed the phone up, is there an ap that could help me out without removing the battery.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Do you mean that the phone is freezing from time to time? Removing and replacing the battery might indeed fix that, but so might other things. Can you give us more details about the slowness that you refer to?

Posted via the Android Central App

Meogeo51

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
The phone is slow going from the text screen to the home screen, or if a call comes in it seems to pause until I can answer, hence removing the battery to get the phone back to normal.

I do not have many apps on the phone and I have tried removing the ones I have to see if it helps but no change, one thing I have on my phone is the LG cover, I am going to remove that to see if that helps.

Maybe wondering if the lack of onboard RAM could be the problem, I really like the LG phone just need it running normal and not removing the battery every 5 days.

Meogeo51

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Well folks I have been an old fool, I came to android from an Apple iphone 3GS and I have owned 2 Android phones since and I can tell you I thought my HTC One Mini had just sopped working so I bought the LG 3S, never had a feel for the operating system so I thought I better get to learn it proper and one button in lollipop I was not using was the cause of my phone going slow in the first place, the square icon on the phone that brings up all the apps that are running, I just closed all of them down and hey Fast phone again so sorry for this post but I bet there are others who do not understand this operating system.

We buy a phone and we think we know how to use it and it catches us out if we do not do the home work.

My problem is now solved.