So, legally it belongs to me, but it is password protected. Is there any way to wipe it back to factory settings? I don't want what is on it, but since it is my legal property, I would like to use it.
    11-02-2015 09:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! No, sorry. If you do a factory reset, you'll be prompted to enter the previous owner's account information, because it'll be considered an unauthorized factory reset. In order for the factory reset to be considered authorized, the original owner would have had to remove his or her Google account prior to the factory reset.
    11-02-2015 12:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! No, sorry. If you do a factory reset, you'll be prompted to enter the previous owner's account information, because it'll be considered an unauthorized factory reset. In order for the factory reset to be considered authorized, the original owner would have had to remove his or her Google account prior to the factory reset.
    How about if I were to buy a broken Note 3 and substitute either parts from the broken one (whatever item would hold the PIN) to the one I got, or vice versa (replacing whatever is broken on the one I would buy? Can you tell me what part(s) would be needed for me to ensure were functional? I see many with broken screens being offered for sale at reasonable prices and with good ESNs...how hard would it be to swap my screen for the broken one?
    11-02-2015 07:59 PM
    Sorry, I don't know about that.. Hopefully you can find your answers from someone else here!
    11-02-2015 08:06 PM