Samsung Galaxy s6 failed sms

llCobbyll

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I am constantly having a failed to send sms issue with my Samsung Galaxy s6. I have tried almost everything I can think of from restarting my phone, switching to all networks available. Replaced my sim card, attempted a factory reset. Spoken to rogers tech support half a dozen times. Issue will occur on both WiFi and data connections. Seems like I can receive sms but 90% of the time it will fail to send. I am beyond frustrated with rogers and their inability to assist me, even though I am now well beyond my data limit because of this issue.. if anyone is having this same issue and was able to resolve, you're help would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you replaced the SIM, do you mean you got a new SIM card, or you just removed and then reinserted your current SIM?

llCobbyll

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried any 3rd party apps and I really don't see why I should have to. 1, I'm paying for a service that I'm not fully receiving and 2, that will run up my data even more than more.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
3rd party SMS apps don't use data--they should still send and receive SMS over your cell signal (unless they use their own proprietary system).

Since the 3rd party app didn't help, I'd ask Rogers for a replacement. If they won't help with that, then contact Samsung, since the phone is presumably still under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star