Please note that I do not want to replace one wall paper with another. I just want to eliminate it.

If you cannot NOT have a wallpaper, I would like to replace the current one with the default. Is that possible?

I accidentally opened a google map file and pressed on it and voila, it became my wallpaper just an hour ago. I have been desperately trying to restore the old status but to no avail. Please help
    11-02-2015 11:05 AM
    Hold on the home screen (where there isn't an icon/app/widget) and it will pop "back" a little. Most androids (read:all that i know of) will have a "wallpaper" tab at the bottom. Tap that, change to what you'd want, voila!
    11-02-2015 11:15 AM
    You can usually find the original wallpaper in a file (google yourphonemodel default wallpaper download).

Or you can set a solid color as a wallpaper (there are many solid color wallpaper downloads for all sizes of screens).

(The screen has to be something where there are no icons - it can't be transparent.)
    11-02-2015 10:35 PM
    Tap and hold an area on the home screen. Near the bottom, a wallpaper option should show up. You can set it to any picture you have saved on your phone. If you don't like wallpaper, I would recommend a pure black or single color wallpaper.
    11-03-2015 07:30 AM