How can I transfer data on Galaxy Tab 2 SD card to SD card in Gaxaxy Tab S2?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy Tab 2 is getting slow, and apps fail, so I bought a Galaxy Tab S2.
SmartSwitch did a reasonble job of transferring data from the Tab 2 to the Tab S2, but nothing was copied between the two SD cards. That's hundreds of photographs and hundreds of music tracks.

And my wife is champing at the bit wanting to do a factory reset on the Tab2...

If I have to backup the Tab2 SD Card to my PC (say) then restore it to the S2 SD card, then how would I go about this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you don't just want to put the Tab2's card into the Tab S2 (they're the same physical size), you have 3 options:

1. A card reader that takes 2 cards (like Amazon.com: Anker® USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC Card, Support UHS-I Cards, 18 Months Warranty: Computers & Accessories for $8) - put 1 microSD card in, put the other card into a full size SD adapter and plug that into the reader, plug the reader into the computer and just drag all the folders from 1 to the other.

2. Two card readers. Put one card in each. Do as above.

3. One card reader. Put the Tab 2's card into the card reader and plug the reader into the computer. Create a folder on the computer's desktop (leaving it named New Folder is fine.) Drag all the folders from the SD card into that folder. Remove the card reader, replace the Tab 2's card with the Tab S2's card, plug the reader into the computer. Drag all the folders from the folder on the computer's desktop to the card.

When it's all done, make sure you use whatever save removal your computer uses (Windows has a Safe Remove ... icon near the time (or if it's not showing, click the little up arrow to see the functions that don't fit).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital