I have a Note 3 and its pretty much falling apart. I want to get a new phone, and I am interested in the Note 5, Edge + or something similar, but do I get a new phone or wait? My phone's antenna is broken so calls are almost always dropped which is pretty annoying. My main concern is that if I get a new Samsung, that in a couple months something better will come out (even though I do not know of anything coming out in the next two months that out performs either of these devices)
    11-02-2015 01:57 PM
    I have a Note 3 and its pretty much falling apart. I want to get a new phone, and I am interested in the Note 5, Edge + or something similar, but do I get a new phone or wait? My phone's antenna is broken so calls are almost always dropped which is pretty annoying. My main concern is that if I get a new Samsung, that in a couple months something better will come out (even though I do not know of anything coming out in the next two months that out performs either of these devices)
    Welcome to the forums!

There are always new androids coming out. You just need to decide if a phone fits your needs or not. If you wait to see what is coming out next, you will always be waiting..
    11-02-2015 02:08 PM
    Honestly I just want a great android phone and yeah that's the thing with technology, sometime new is always coming out. I don't mind at all getting the Edge + or the Note 5, but if there is a newer device that is coming out in the near future (one that I do not know about and by near future I mean in the next couple of months) is it worth waiting?
    11-02-2015 09:34 PM
    Honestly I just want a great android phone and yeah that's the thing with technology, sometime new is always coming out. I don't mind at all getting the Edge + or the Note 5, but if there is a newer device that is coming out in the near future (one that I do not know about and by near future I mean in the next couple of months) is it worth waiting?
    For me..the Note 5 is the best phone I have ever had. There are some other good phones already out that are nee and I'm not sure right now of things coming up.

You have to make a list of things you require in a phone, things that might be negotiable, etc and take a look around the forums. We have a forum for every phone out there basically and forums for rumored devices.. But lots isn't confirmed with those. A lot of times we really don't know much in advanced when a phone is being released.

The S7 for example.. It is rumored to be released in February, no confirmation of the date. It is rumored to be two or possibly three variants to be released, again, no confirmation yet.

Some people want batteries they can change and SD card support and if that is necessary, that limits their choices.

On the blog side of things here, anytime there is news about a new device, someone will always do a write up. If you know you want a Samsung, then that makes things easier. If you are open to other devices, then there are some other good options out there that are being released right now. There is a new Droid Turbo, there is the Moto Pure, there are two new Nexus devices, etc.

Hop in to all the forums, take a look around, we have some very knowledgeable members here that can answer a lot if your questions and then team members that can also. Some of our members and team members are like me and know a lot about a lot about one manufacturer, but then there are even more that are very knowledgeable about almost all the devices out there. I would say the first thing you need to decide when looking is this.. Is SD card and a removable battery NECESSARY for you? If yes, then you know what won't go on your list, if no, your options are wide open. Feel free also to jump in and post some questions about specific devices in their forum that might help you decide.
    11-03-2015 07:36 AM