How much will it cost to fix my Galaxy 5?

A

AC Question

I had dropped my phone face down on the concrete. It still turns on but has a line down the middle and when I had it on last the purple was coming from the top and bottom on the screen. Also the left side of the touch screen is working but on the right side it doesn't. Can this be fixed or do I have to get another phone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The screen has to be replaced. (There may also be a problem on the motherboard - a broken component or a crack in the board, but the screen is definitely broken.)

How much? The screen runs around US$125-$150, depending on where the repair shop gets it. They make some profit on it, so you could end up getting charged $200 for the screen plus labor (anywhere from $50-$100, probably).

If the motherboard has to be replaced, add another $100 plus their profit and a little for labor. (The phone is already open, so replacing the motherboard isn't that much additional labor.)

A good used S5 would probably be cheaper. (See Swappa.)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
One thing to remember about the S5..it is water resistant. People have taken S5's to repair shops and there isn't a correct seal done and people had issues after that.

That is one phone I would send to Samsung, because it is water resistant. They can give you an estimate over the phone.