Hello,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me out.

I have an HTC One that was imported from the US. It is a Verizon phone, and must be unlocked as I am able to use it where I live (NZ). The problem I am having is that my phone has not been updated at all (the software, android version, etc.). It is still running the same software it came with out of the box (android 4.2.2, HTC Sence 5.0, Software number 1.10.605.8). I am not able to receive OTA updates as I am not connected to the US carrier, and when I go to check for updates manually, the 'Check new' panel is greyed out and it says 'Software update only work in CDMA mode'. We use GSM in NZ.

I have been advised to look for the ROM downloads, but on the HTC One page (h t t p : / / w w w . htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html), it says that ROM downloads are not available for the Verizon phone and to use the HTC Sync manager (h t t p : / / w w w . verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/BPOD-H8432-HTC-Software-Update-V2.pdf). I have tried this several times, but during the upgrade process, the phone restarts and displays the htc logo. Because it restarts, it says it has been disconnected from the computer. The phone gets stuck like that and I have to restart the phone.

Is my phone actually unlocked and if so, would I be able to use the ROM download for the unlocked version? I read something about Verizon phones having a locked bootloader so am a bit apprehensive about trying this.

I have limited knowledge when it comes to all this stuff (flashing, rooting, s-on/s-off, etc). I have found some tutorials about this online, but am not sure if the device I have meets the requirements for them (e.g., the exact file to download).
    The tutorials I thought might be most helpful were (sorry, I do not have enough points to post links, so had to add then like this):
    h t t p : / / wikitechsolutions.com/6476/how-to-update-htc-one-m7-and-m8-android-5-0-lollipop
    h t t p : / / w w w . latintimes.com/android-501-lollipop-htc-one-m8-one-m7-downloads-available-now-manual-update-video-281741
    h t t p : / / w w w . ibtimes.co.uk/how-update-htc-one-m7-sense-6-official-firmware-1450776

I would be very appreciative of any help I can get with this. I am at wits-end with this. I have tried calling HTC and Verizon and each one says that the other is responsible for the updates and no one will give me a straight answer.

Thanks in advance!
    11-04-2015 02:51 PM