I just bought a double jack splitter to share music or video through my smartphone with my sister in a trip. It is THL, Android .
    The thing is my earphones work fine. But when i plug in them through splitter, phone does not recognize that smth was plugged in. The music (any sounds) play through phone's speaker and earphones at the same time (even if i plug in a pair of earphones) But the sound in earphones is not so clear, sounds in a half.
    I didn't find any information about my problem. So, please, anyone can help me to understand is it a problem in that double jack splitter or android itself cannot work in that way?
    P.S if i connect earphones through splitter in mp3-player - everything works absolutely fine!
    11-04-2015 04:03 PM
    If the splitter is just 2 jacks in parallel, the splitter is probably defective. If it's not, it's not going to trigger the phone into earphone mode.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-2015 04:10 PM
    but how can i know if 2 jacks are parallel or not?...
    So the splitter has to have 2 jacks In parallel?
    11-04-2015 04:18 PM
    The phone has to see all the rings on the earphone plug. About the only way to see what's happening is with a bare plug plugged into the splitter and a continuity (or ohm) meter, to make sure that each contact on the bare plug connects to the same contact on the plug that goes into the phone. (And make sure they're the same size. Plugging a 2.5mm plug into a phone with a 3.5mm jack (the common size) won't trigger the phone to switch.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-2015 05:01 PM