Android users, any help? I've used Android for many years and this is the first I've come across this issue.. I'm using the Android HTC One m9.

Phone is plugged in. If I'm not doing anything, there is no issue, but even just being on facebook is too much. I get a message saying "cannot charge, phone is using too much power......".

I've closed every single app but two. I went into settings and closed processes that are not needed. Literally, the only things running are necessary. I'm using the power saver and my screen is dimmed to as low as it can go. Yet I'm still drawing too much power to charge? Data is turned off. Location is turned off. Wi-Fi is running between full service and one bar down. I'm in a basement, so actual phone service is only at 2 out of 5 bars. Sure I could just not use it. I want to facebook, without the battery draining while being plugged in.

I am using the HTC factory cable and wall plug.
    11-04-2015 11:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the battery usage actually show rapid drainage? If not, it sounds like something is being incorrectly detected or reported in the system. What happens if you try a different USB cable and/or charging plug?
    11-05-2015 01:35 AM