I was just sitting here with my phone resting on the arm of the sofa next to me. All of a sudden audio starts, something about miranda rights and handcuffs. I picked it up whilst the audio was still playing, nothing was on screen. Nothing in recent apps. Checked Blinkfeed (thought of the intrusive ads that I hear are creeping on there), nothing there.

I hadn't touched the thing for quite a while either. Running HTC One M8 with 5.0.1 and Sense 6 .

I've posted this question on reddit and someone directed me to another query which sounds much the same. (This is my first post here and apparently I cannot post links). Here's a quote:

"My father has a Samsung Galaxy tablet SM-T900, and apparently yesterday evening, it started dictating about Probable Cause. Yes, like what the police need before they can search your car. He has never, as far as he can remember, ever actually searched for or been to a page that has anything to do with probable cause. He looked and there were no apps open, he even runs a task manager and there were no background apps that showed up, and it stopped when he hit the volume button. He didn't turn it all the way down or anything, he simply touched it once and it stopped. It's a bone stock, not rooted, running the latest Lollipop available for it."

"OK Google" detection for Google Now is only on for in the app itself, not from any screen. Therefore, I don't think that could be the cause.
    11-05-2015 09:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Use a file manager app and look through all of the available directories for any kind of audio or video file that might have been downloaded or cached by some app.
    11-05-2015 12:02 PM