Hi All— I have a Samsung s5. Several weeks ago I tried to download some photos to my laptop but somehow communication failed for some reason I don’t remember, but at least the phone and computer communicated. The problem now is that when I connect my phone to laptop, they don’t communicate at all. That’s they look like they are not connected at all. Any ideas Thanks-EKE
    11-05-2015 12:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you connect the phone to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel--is there a USB connection notification? Tap it, and make sure MTP is selected.
    11-05-2015 05:02 PM
    I tried that but nothing on my phone under notification labeled USB. As i said when my phone is connected to my computer, nothing happened.
    11-05-2015 08:06 PM
    Just to be sure--you did swipe down the notification panel to check, right? On my Nexus 5 on Marshmallow, it no longer shows up as a USB notification on the status bar--but if I swipe down the notification panel, the USB notification is there.
    11-05-2015 11:28 PM
    Thanks for the input. But, yes, i am sure. Al i see when i swipe the notification panel is brightness adjustment, recommend apps, and set quick setting buttons then below i see active buttons including screen rotation, NFC, quick connect and several others.
    11-06-2015 07:30 AM
    The next step is to try a different USB cable (since cables can fail unexpectedly), or a different USB port on the computer.

Also, try reinstalling the phone's USB driver: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung
    11-06-2015 11:07 AM
    Thanks again. I had already used 2 different cables, computers, and ports. I tried to download the USB driver but my phone's model number is not listed on the Samsung site. I might try the closest thing and see if it works. Thanks again-EKE
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-06-2015 12:15 PM