unable to view pdf on Galaxy 6s

A

AC Question

Galaxy 6S - have had for several months, no problems. today, I am finding that I cannot view attachments to emails I receive. I am using Email app that came with phone, running one account on outlook. PC access to both accounts is fine - can view all attachments. Hotmail on phone - with PDF attachment, selecting "preview" gets me "Cannot display PDF (XXXX is of invalid format). Selecting "download" gets me the file downloaded, but again, I cannot open.

agrote007

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy 6S - have had for several months, no problems. today, I am finding that I cannot view attachments to emails I receive. I am using Email app that came with phone, running one account on outlook. PC access to both accounts is fine - can view all attachments. Hotmail on phone - with PDF attachment, selecting "preview" gets me "Cannot display PDF (XXXX is of invalid format). Selecting "download" gets me the file downloaded, but again, I cannot open.
Try clearing your default applications for opening PDF's. Settings, applications, default applications.

The way Samsung is handling default applications is strange. Once you make a choice is set as your default. On my S5 you had a choice to only use once or set as default. On my Note 5 once you choose the only way to open that file with a different app is to clear the default app.

I am using a app called Better Open to get around this. When you open a file the first time you choose better open then you are presented with the option to open the app with any number of other apps. Because you selected better open for that file type its now your default. Now when you try and open that file type again your are presented with the better open window and a list of compatible apps to open the file with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol